The Condo Project Underwriter is responsible for requesting and reviewing all condo documentation need to obtain condo approval based on the loan parameters.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Initial review and subsequent condition review of all condo projects in both refinance and purchase transactions
- Ensure adherence to all Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and Non-QM published condo guidelines
- Answer questions and scenarios posted by Sales, Underwriting and Processing
- Understand and review project documentation including but not limited to insurances, legal documents, budgets and questionnaires
- Review of Title Commitment for Project consistency description
- Ensure the most efficient review possible for each project – which may include contacting a 3rd party directly instead of conditioning another party to do so
- Maintain acceptable turn times on new tasks (initial review and condition submissions)
- Document detailed notes in the system when task is “touched”.
- Review preliminary documents to determine project review type.
- Communicate with underwriter and processor with possible discrepancy on documents being requested.
- Check email throughout the day and responding with turn times as dictated in Project Procedures.
- Call HOA’s, Management Companies and Insurance Agents to request needed documents for loan file (if needed)
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- Condo Mortgage Underwriting experience required (2+ year minimum)
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technology skills
- Impeccable problem-solving abilities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.