The Non-Delegated Correspondent Lending Supervisor is primarily responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer service is provided to our Correspondents while supervising a team of Underwriters and Non-Delegated Correspondent Specialists. The Supervisor will provide technical, underwriting and operational support and communication regarding Conventional, FHA and VA loans. The position will also require oversight and support of any vendor conducting fulfillment services. Additional responsibilities include tracking underwriting SLA and quality, correspondent relationship building, vendor governance, and accurate funding as per policies and procedures, laws and regulations.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Deliver exceptional, high level customer service for approved Sellers and prospects.
- Responsible for identifying, servicing, and coordinating the underwriting and delivery of Correspondent loans and quality data to the PHH systems.
- Responsible fielding complex underwriting and purchase loan questions.
- Assist with vendor management for performance and communication.
- Provide internal support for any issues/escalations by the Underwriter, Correspondent Specialist, Seller, and/or Vendor. Effectively escalate credit risk and underwriting related questions as needed.
- Supervise the Underwriting and Support staff by defining and establishing goals and objectives, establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support, coaching and direction.
- Manage underwriting pipeline to meet established SLAs.
- Develop process improvements.
- Ensure productivity, quality and cycle time performance is met.
- Ensure investor guidelines, PHH guidelines, laws and regulations are being followed and communicated accurately with Sellers, internal team and third party vendors.
- Work in collaboration with Sales, Underwriting, Capital Markets, Compliance, Legal, Risk, and Training
- Act as an Investor Relations liaison with regards to loan products, process and underwriting guidelines.
- Provide applicable training to Underwriting and Support staff on underwriting and operational procedures, troubleshooting techniques and systems.
- Analyze metrics and conduct phone observation to benchmark workload and performance
- Maintaining and developing policies and procedures as needed.
- Stay current with agency underwriting guidelines, compliance regulations and GSE requirements.
- Provide well-organized information and reporting to leadership.
Key Result Areas:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to analyze escalated loan requests and decision based on risk
- Underwriting knowledge
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and ability to negotiate and problem solve, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the mortgage industry (preferred).
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and experience:
- Four year degree from an accredited university preferred. Preferably with a concentration in business, accounting, finance, or banking/equivalent education or applicable years of experience in the Correspondent Lending Non-Delegated channel.
- 4 years related work experience
- A minimum of 3 years Underwriting Supervisory/Management experience
- Possess and demonstrate a broad, fundamental understanding of Correspondent Lending including Underwriting and Operations.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.