The role of the Head of the Mandatory Desk and Margin Analytics will be to manage all correspondent lending margin management for client facing OMSR and PMSR acquisitions by the Correspondent Lending Channel. Including but not limited to direct management of Correspondent Buyers, assisting sales with margin analytics and controls, mandatory whole-loan client interactions, systems infrastructure development, client trade level negotiations, sales force communication and interaction and operational capabilities to ensure policy compliant operations. Additionally, this role will be partnering with our capital markets team as primary liaison to develop and optimize sophisticated margin management to achieve optimum volume/revenue trade-offs.
This position will additionally oversee margin management analytics and sign-off recommendations from the team for daily adjustments to best efforts delivery options. As a key member of the Originations operating team, this new leader will collaborate to develop overall channel strategy, client targeting and sales force plans, operational and technology plans, and leverage internal and external resources for building new capabilities. The unit will run in adherence to directives, policies and procedures from partners in from Capital Markets, Regulatory Compliance, Operational Risk whilst delivering high customer satisfaction and employee engagement including but not limited to diversity and inclusion goals and objectives.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To be a successful individual in this position, they must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Grow and develop an efficient, scalable correspondent lending mandatory delivery platform focused on delivering a consistent quality service experience for both Ocwen’s clients and their customers.
- Present analytical insight and develop pricing strategies that will assist in identifying opportunities to increase revenue across all client facing acquisition options including; Co-Issue Direct, Agency Assist Co-Issue, Whole Loan Mandatory, and Best-efforts deliveries.
- Lead mandatory buyers and margin managers directly recommending and approving daily margin changes made by Account Executives sufficient to achieve desired margins for Correspondent lending channel goals.
- Collaborate with the SVP, Correspondent Lending to create and drive a correspondent lending strategy designed to achieve the desired loan mix, financial returns and risk profile.
- Work with functions from across the organization to assist in the development and execution of Correspondent lending objectives (capital markets, finance, risk, information technology, legal, and compliance) aligning with Ocwen’s overall strategy.
- As an expert in mandatory desk operations, this position will understand all interactions of correspondent lending clients with secondary market and lock desk functions, policies and procedures.
- As the primary expert for the loan pricing engine (Optimal Blue), this position ensures the company is properly utilizing the functionality of Optimal Blue while ensure compliant data exchange from client through to capital markets and ultimately to loan boarding in Servicing.
- Work closely with the Finance and Accounting areas to maintain accuracy of gain-on-sale accounting and reporting.
- Ownership of daily pricing process and derivation including generation and client level margins for Capital Market’s distribution of daily pricing.
- Collaborate with Capital Markets and the Product Development and Management team to review industry changes, investor announcements and new product developments. Maintaining open and direct communication with Capital Markets and Product team to ensure procedural updates and policy and procedure requirements occur timely.
The successful candidate will have successfully led margin analytics and management, developed margin modeling capabilities, and directly supervised mandatory buyers for a multi execution correspondent channel including both OMSR and PMSR related transactions. This leader will be a key partner with the SVP Correspondent lending to take our platform to a level where it can successfully compete with anyone in the industry.
- 10+ years of experience in senior leadership roles within the Mortgage industry, specifically in correspondent lending.
- Previous experience operating in partnership with senior peers to take platform to the next level
- Built very high performing teams that can deliver responsible, profitable growth in a compliance-oriented culture.
- Successful in both attracting top-caliber external talent and identifying and developing high performers/high potentials internally.
- Strong bias for action, with a track record of executing against challenging objectives.
- Able to create credible and compelling strategies and plans that energize others. Brings broad knowledge and thinking to issues and opportunities as well as an ability to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. Able to evaluate results and identify drivers and levers. Able to assess a solution and anticipate near- and long-term effects and implications.
- Understands and meets the needs of customers and client management functions. Develops plans and strategies with customers in mind. Establishes and maintains trust and respect with Correspondent lending sales and operations leaders.
- Makes fact based, data driven decisions and uses data and metrics to hold the team accountable for measurable results. Identifies opportunity for improvement by articulating possibilities, defining a clear and compelling path forward, and inspiring and enrolling others to accomplish results.
- Detail-oriented without losing sight of the bigger picture and vision.
- Able to manage multiple initiatives and priorities concurrently, and to set priorities and manage expectations of stakeholders.
- Demonstrates and inspires teamwork and collaboration. Able to work effectively with matrix resources.
- High degree of accountability. Holds self and others to high standards
- Integrity: always do the right thing.
- Judgement: effectively deal with the gray.
- Transparency: open and honest communication; early escalation; no hidden agendas.
- Respect: treat others with dignity and be respectful.
- Resiliency: tolerate dynamic conditions without undue frustration.
- Pragmatic: stay calm, act with focus and purpose, even when facing challenge and uncertainty.
- Passion: demonstrate positive excitement and conviction for what you do and needs to get done.
- Ownership: take responsibility for everything in your organization even when it’s not your fault.
- Self-Motivation: personal drive to achieve, commitment to personal / organizational goals, initiative to act on opportunities and challenges, and optimism in the face of set-backs.
- Hunger: willing to throw head, heart and hands into a job.
- Humility: don’t have to be the smartest person in the room, give credit to others, willing to do any job to help the organization or team succeed.
- Desire to Win: super competitive yet understand that the competition is outside the building.
- Empathy: the ability to discern what someone else is thinking or feeling and then responding in some appropriate way.
- Independent Thinker: analytical, the ability to make sense of things based on one’s experiences and observations; not flustered by criticism or challenge and willing to stand for convictions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: passion for continuous learning and understanding “why.”
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
- General work schedule (for shift roles)
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.