The Director, Third-Party Originations Mortgage Finance has ultimate responsibility to provide Third-Party Originations revenue & product cost analysis and tracking, planning, strategic and operational support to senior management with a focus on driving business growth, profitability and operational efficiency. This position will report to the SVP, Mortgage CFO, manage a matrixed team, and work cross functionally across the organization to identify and realize opportunities to improve growth and profitability.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop driver-based revenue & cost framework by Third Party Originations channel and identify critical product drivers
- Develop Business Reporting P&L's & analytics providing the respective business leaders strategic insight into optimizing business performance & profitability, make recommendations to grow revenue and reduce cost with data and analytics
- Develop ability to tie-out Loan Origination, Hedging and P&L data and provide monthly attribution analysis to explain pricing to P&L variances
- Work with Originations leadership team to develop and produce accurate KPI measures and metrics
- Collaborate with pricing to ensure costs are updated into pricing models by co leading the pricing meetings to drive margin recommendations inclusive of operating expenses
- Benchmark revenue & cost structure vs. peers; familiar with utilizing & leveraging MBA/Stratmor data in conjunction with pricing Benchmark data to aide strategic decision making
- Monitor actual performance to budget and provide early feedback on risks and opportunities
- Improve management reporting structure & visibility; driving detailed explanations on the impacts to the business and solutions to mitigating risks
- Partner with Originations leadership to aide in board & investor reporting and presentations
- Manage matrixed team which includes FP&A and accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance
- MBA/MA with strong working knowledge of management & Financial accounting preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant progressive experience in Finance with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of 5 years' mortgage experience required, with 3-5 years of specific Third-Party Originations experience
- Minimum of 5 years' supervisory experience
- Ability to partner with all levels of management to ensure effective implementation of time-sensitive initiatives and identify deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Must have a demonstrated and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced deadline-driven and constantly changing environment
- A successful track record of developing strong relationships across a broad range of leadership functions allowing the person to effectively influence and effect change to drive and improve business performance.
- Ability to independently analyze, lead, and present complex financial information concisely, with clarity and with very limited guidance
- Ability to work with and lead teams, especially across locations and time zones, in execution of projects and identification/ resolution of deficiencies or opportunities for improvement
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience developing driver-based cost framework
- Proficient in Hyperion, MIAC, Power BI A Plus
- Proficient in all Microsoft Applications with an emphasis on Excel and Access.
- Project management skills including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking
- Takes ownership and assumes responsibility
- Execution mindset
- Integrity - always do the right thing
- Judgement - effectively deal with the gray
- Transparency - open and honest communication; early escalation; no hidden agendas
- Respect - treat others with dignity and be respectful
- Resiliency - tolerate dynamic conditions without undue frustration
- Pragmatic - stay calm, act with focus and purpose, even when facing challenge and uncertainty
- Passion - demonstrate positive excitement and conviction for what you do and needs to get done
- Ownership - take responsibility for everything in your organization even when it's not your fault
- Self-Motivation - personal drive to achieve, commitment to personal / organizational goals, initiative to act on opportunities and challenges, and optimism in the face of set-backs
- Hunger - willing to throw head, heart and hands into a job
- Humility - don't have to be the smartest person in the room, give credit to others, willing to do any job to help the organization or team succeed
- Desire to Win - super competitive, yet understand that the competition is outside the building
- Empathy - the ability to discern what someone else is thinking or feeling and then responding in some appropriate way
- Independent Thinker -analytical, the ability to make sense of things based on one's experiences and observations; not flustered by criticism or challenge and willing to stand for convictions
- Intellectual Curiosity - passion for continuous learning and understanding "why"
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.