Analyze mortgage payments received from borrowers who are delinquent with their mortgage payments or in default with their mortgage loan, determine whether the payment is eligible for processing and apply/enter payments where applicable.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Open mail with payments received and distribute appropriately
· Apply/enter payments received via check/wire transfers
· Daily reconciliation of all payments processed to Microsoft Access database
· Analyze mortgage payments made via lockbox that cannot be processed without further review and research through internet sites. Instruct the lockbox to either accept or reject the payment.
· Generate customer correspondence that accompanies payments being returned to borrowers that don’t conform with default regulations
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Experience in mortgage banking preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems
· Well organized, paying close attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
· Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently
· 10 Key data entry
· Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
· Builds Strong Working Relationships
· Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
· Customer/External Focus
· Proficient with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.