This position will report to the Vice President of Cashiering and will be responsible for management of daily operations in the Cashiering department as well as ensuring qualitative and quantitative standards are met.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee US and offshore employees to ensure complete posting and deposit of all payoff and payment funds on daily basis
- Implement policies and procedures that increase productivity and reduce operating costs
- Continually review each individual process to insure it is being completed in the most efficient manner
- Develop all required controls to minimize risk and ensure top quality scores
- Ensure monthly staffing and capacity planning is completed to effectively handle daily workloads
- Continually train, lead, motivate and develop subordinate staff members
- Set up and manage effective internal reviews to ensure standards and SLA’s are being met
- Compile data and review responses for all audit and exam request
- Ensure all investor and regulatory requirements are being met as they relate to Cashiering
- Produce monthly Operational Reports for Executive Management
- Prepare and facilitate presentations for investors and rating agencies on a quarterly basis
- Prepare and implement process improvements based on internal and external feedback as it relates to cashiering processes
- Identify process breakdowns and offer corrective suggestions
- Ensure all polices and procedures are reviewed and updated regularly
- Manager and oversee relationships with all vendors
- Manage department financials, associated invoices and spends to ensure we are meeting department financial targets
- Develop channel to effectively communicate changes and updates to cross functional partners
- Create an environment of diversity and inclusion as well as develop rewards and recognition programs to help promote employee engagement
- Complete ad hoc projects when necessary
Key Result Areas:
- Improved processing of borrower funds to ensure 99% of payoff funds are deposited on day of application
- Improve transaction processing by reducing manual processing by 30% year over year
- Reduce number of Cashiering related complaint volumes by 25%
- Maintain required NPS scores
- Improve risk controls by 30% over year
- Improve QA scores by 20%
- This position requires 8-10 years’ experience in the mortgage servicing industry, with at least 5 years in a Cashiering Department.
- The ideal candidate should possess advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products especially excel
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent writing and verbal skills along with strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Knowledge of MSP loan servicing system
- A graduate degree from an accredited university is required.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.