Reporting to the VP of Escrow Administration, the Director of Tax Services is responsible for monitoring the servicing portfolio for timely and accurate payment of real estate tax and ensuring compliance with all state, federal, and investor requirements. This position is critical to successfully servicing PHH’s escrowed customers and will be expected to work cross functionally and partner with other business leaders to drive operational execution in the areas of customer experience, employee engagement, and meeting financial and production objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and manage a high performing team of tax service professionals
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of real estate tax
- Achieve operational execution within internal KPI standards for all tax processes and workflows
- Provide management oversight to ensure vendors provide timely, accurate, and professional service to both internal and external customers
- Develop and implement controls to track/report vendor activity and resolve deficiencies
- Manage department to staffing model and financial budget targets
- Manage the recovery of corporate advances through claims processing
- Improve customer satisfaction measured by achieving Net Promoter Score (NPS) targets
- Identify opportunities to proactively make the customer experience smooth and hassle-free
- Prevent customer complaints and resolve escalated complaints timely
- Monthly business review preparation
- Work closely with compliance to provide information requested in audits
- Prepare and present department overview presentation to investors, examiners, and internal/external auditors
- Provide leadership for all department related projects ensuring deadlines are met
- Daily coaching to ensure team provides timely, accurate, and professional service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure that staff is knowledgeable and in compliance with all regulations, departmental and company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate policies, procedures, instructions, and ideas to all employees and encourage feedback
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in people management
- 5+ years of experience in real estate tax
- 3+ years of escrow experience
- 4 year degree from an accredited university preferred
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Extensive experience in process improvement, meeting planning and facilitation
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.