Reporting to the Supervisor, Post Closing, the Post Closer Underwriter will be responsible for receiving closing documents from agents and conducting an audit of those documents to ensure that the loan is finalized and ready for sale on the secondary market.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Review Early Check report and pro-actively make edits within Encompass system.
- Act as Liaison between Credit and Capital Market teams.
- Well rounded knowledge of Underwriting decision making, credit scoring, and coding that is entered into Encompass by Credit teams.
- Analyze Post Closing Early Check and LQA reviews in comparison with Capital Markets system to ensure loans are saleable to FRE and FNMA.
- Ability to manage high volume of transaction edits in Encompass within same day to meet SLA’s and loan demands.
- Strong organizational skills. Maintain records of reporting edits for both Capital Market, Credit - Underwriter, Early Check and related reporting.
- Partner with Capital Market team to ensure all loans can sell to appropriate investors.
- Conduct outbound phone calls to closing agents to confirm loan closing, inquire about the return of the closing package and request delivery of trailing documents.
- Audit closing documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Scan and image closing and collateral documents to the Loan Record upon receipt.
- Prepare collateral documents for shipping to the document custodian.
- Remediate errors or deficiencies on closing and collateral documents to ensure compliance with regulatory and investor guidelines.
- Submit government loans for insuring to FHA and VA in accordance with their respective requirements.
- Ensure newly closed loans are submitted to Servicing in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- 2 years of experience in the mortgage industry
- 1+ year Credit and/or Underwriting experience within Encompass
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Well organized, paying very close attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Operates effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
Training / Licensing Requirements :
Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.