The Curative Specialist is responsible for tracking and curing collateral document exceptions. This is accomplished by reviewing physical documents, the internal imaging system, county land records, and vendor sites to locate the necessary items. The Specialist will need to review the documents for accuracy and completeness, work with internal and external parties to remediate document issues and provide images to external parties via secure electronic methods and/or through shipment of the physical documents.
- Within stringent timeframes, obtain, review for accuracy, and cure all document exceptions.
- Support the document curative processes through reporting and working with both physical documents and electronic images.
- Effectively collaborative with internal and external customers, as needed, to research, audit and respond to requests relating to the validity of a cited exception and/or the receipt of a required delivery.
- Research all available resources, i.e. imaging platforms, county websites, settlement agents, closing attorney’s, etc. to obtain required documents and avoid vendor costs.
- Reconcile the delivered and missing document reports with internal and external customers to ensure all parties agree on status.
- Perform collateral duties and special projects as assigned.
- Work closely with the leadership team to prioritize competing business needs.
- Track statuses in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Leverage available software applications and tools to add efficiency and accuracy to daily workflow.
- Demonstrate exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding and analytical interpretation of State and Federal regulations; legal contractual language dealing with Custodial, Agency, Investor, Trust, PSA, Transfer Instructions or Deal documents, etc. with ability to apply language/terms to current work demands as possible curative solutions/alternatives.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.
- Must possess effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Demonstrable decision-making ability/analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results.
- Effective time management to balance day to day tasks against short and long-term project deliverables.
- Prior knowledge of residential mortgage servicing, related loan documents, and Agency guidelines.
Conditions of Work:
- Long periods sitting in front of computer screen.
- Lifting banker’s boxes with an average weight of 35 pounds.
- Overtime as needed.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.