The HUD Claims Specialist is responsible for the processing of claims on HUD insured assets as assigned, obtaining all necessary information needed to file 27011 claims to HUD for reimbursement. This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative/team environment aimed at continuous improvement while always meeting or exceeding expectations.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform all duties as described under the HUD Claims Specialist position
- Perform daily follow-up of all assigned assets to ensure a smooth process to avoid delays
- Respond to all incoming requests regarding claims status’
- Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management in accordance with standard performance expectations
- Update Servicing System with the status of assigned claims including events completed and/or delays
- Complete proper review and execution of needed supporting documentation to ensure claim can be submitted to HUD properly and timely
- Verify the accuracy of all relative documents extracted from various resources, including invoices, internal departments, vendors, and external servicers
- Receive, research and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicate effectively with the vendor, client, investor, internal departments, and external servicers when necessary
- Ensure compliance with HUD guidelines, company policies, relevant laws and regulations and maintain integrity of financial data and all aspects of the claims process
- Review claim and supporting documents to ensure correct dates, descriptions, paid amounts, and invoice amounts are documented and make necessary adjustments
- Review balance history transactions, advances, and external expense sheets to ensure all applicable expenses have been claimed or removed
- Liaise with other departments within the company in order to understand and resolve differences
- Perform timely communication regarding discrepancies, issues or other matters with management
- Participates in projects, reports or assists with other tasks as determined by management
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Default mortgage claims/loan servicing experience
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage time effectively, ability to multi-task within a set amount of time and excellent decision making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Team player and has a positive attitude; approachable
- Exceeds Standards on last annual performance review preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively
- Conducts self with highest degree of professionalism
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Committed to making team a best in class claims department
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.