Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1001521
The Sarbanes Oxley Department is responsible for overseeing Ocwen’s Sarbanes Oxley program at the direction of the Audit Committee. The program is established to ensure that Ocwen has an effective internal controls structure over financial reporting and these controls are properly designed and operating effectively.
The Senior SOX Auditor is required to independently interact and influence the Senior Management and external auditors with technical and audit skills by carrying out a comprehensive financial risk-based reviews
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and review design documentation and tests of operational effectiveness to ensure our continued compliance with the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
• Work with business unit representatives and process owners to document current internal control processes feeding Ocwen’s financial reporting systems.
• Liaise with representatives from the external audit firm.
• Develop tests for controls and execute.
• Identify any internal control weaknesses in those processes and recommend and implement changes to strengthen internal controls.
• Discuss deficiencies with Supervisors and Business owners.
• Follow up timely on remediation items.
• Maintain proper electronic file documentation containing all Sarbanes-Oxley supporting documentation.
• Prepare periodic reports and track program progress and status of testing.
• Manage multiple priorities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
•Must possess at least 3 year involvement with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 assessments.
•CA/ CPA or Certified Internal Auditor Designation is a plus.
•Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
•Background in public accounting is a plus.
WORK SCHEDULE OR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Only add if needed)
1pm to 10pm