This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pune, MH, India
Job ID: 1001543
The Conventional Underwriter reviews, conditions and underwrites mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines; examines all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Review and analyze the mortgage loan application to ensure eligibility, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines to minimize risk factors
• Review all required loan data, reports, and inspections to insure the collateral is acceptable to investor and the company
• Responsible for making independent decisions regarding acceptance and risk of loans according to HUD, company, and investor guidelines.
• Provides final approval underwriting of mortgage loans.
• Completes all required paperwork and forms in a timely and accurate manner; prepares required forms
• Sign off conditions in a timely manner set by management
• Work with staff and management to find solutions on escalated loans
• May be requested to make recommendations for improving Internal Audit’s policies and practices
• Manage loans by using all functions of Encompass
• Effectively communicate underwriting decisions with processors and advisors
• Maintain high level of customer service and communication with other departments
• Other duties as assigned
1. Degree or Equivalent
2. Minimum 3 years of experience in conventional/govt end to end underwriting
3. Well-versed with all 4C’s of Underwriting (Asset, Income, Credit and Collateral)