Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer, Liberty Operations, the Business Controls Manager responsibilities will include assisting in the development of a mortgage concentrated compliance program while operating as the primary point of representation for reverse lending originations. The Manager will support originations by ensuring regulatory requirements and industry standards are met through quality of process execution and by establishing and enforcing compliance and risk standards. The Manager will lead change management activities related to regulatory changes and investor guidelines as well as internal and external responses. Additionally, the Manager will be the escalation point for customer/client issues that could not be resolved through standard escalation channels.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Develop compliance strategies by contributing information, analysis and recommendations in line with organizational objectives.
- Research and provide appropriate responses to originations’ findings identified by risk, compliance, audit and other internal and external exams and audits.
- Provide support for all processes related to action plan implementation, testing and validations and closure of open risk(s) as it relates to Compliance/Risk/QA and any internal or external audits.
- Develop, deploy, update and manage reverse lending Origination’s policies, procedures and workflows including all appropriate validations and approval processes
- Manage, upload, edit, correct and be the Liberty originations point of contact for any issues/concerns with PolicyTech and Process Unity documentation related to Liberty originations
- Partner with internal stakeholders and Originations leadership to ensure that process changes are appropriately documented and communicated to internal and external customers and updated in appropriate on-line & off-line communication platforms
- Work with IT and other appropriate stakeholders to identify and implement system enhancements to improve efficiencies and resolve system defects
- Attend corporate risk, compliance and audit meetings as the representative for reverse lending operations leadership, providing communications as necessary
- Partner with Originations leadership team to pro-actively identify and resolve gaps in the originations end to end process
- Review, research and monitor customer feedback information trends to identify "root" cause drivers, assign internal customer contact points, determine and facilitate appropriate resolution
- Research and provide the Originations response to identify customer/client complaints to Compliance, Legal, and/or Office of Ombudsman
- Provide support, education, and training to staff to build compliance/risk awareness and mitigation in Originations
- Additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- A four-year from an accredited University preferred
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with or in an Underwriting, risk and/or compliance role within a mortgage originations business.
- Understanding of reverse lending guidelines, laws and regulations.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated success in team leadership with a proven track record of successfully identifying and resolving process issues with aggressive timeline.
- Excellent consultative, influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to present to executives, individuals and groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills & excellent organizational skills.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we’ve delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging – and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you’re pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you’ll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.