The Escalation Relationship Specialist (ERM) will provide prompt and accurate responses to elevated inquiries in a manner, which is fair and equitable to our customers, investors and shareholders by adhering to corporate goals and policies while minimizing risk. Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements developed to increase customer satisfaction and decrease cost to service.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Enhance and maintain customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing prompt, accurate and courteous responses to customer inquiries
- Manage elevated customer concerns by working with team members and other business units; resolving through prompt and direct contact with the customer
- Take ownership and responsibility for your caseload
- Display active listening skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvement initiatives (identify process gaps & internal errors)
- Support overall Servicing Management objectives
- Motivate and build rapport with all departmental associates
- Successfully influence and negotiate with customers, all levels of management and personnel
- Ensure all regulatory requirements and servicing standards are being met and report any potential risks identified through process review
- Act as a liaison with other departments and vendors in the organization that have an impact on customer operations
- Support Team Lead by walking the floor in their absence
- Act as a SME for less experienced team members
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
KEY RESULTS AREA:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong leadership and outstanding motivational skills
- Exceptional communication skills (including verbal, written and listening skills) with an emphasis on professional writing
- Superior problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Execute and prioritize multiple tasks/meeting established deadlines
- Professional, flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to build relationships (respect, trust, and consensus)
- Encourage and inspire others
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Ability to handle executive level confrontations and conversations
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience required
- 2- Call Center experience in a related mortgage field preferred
- Minimum of 2-years mortgage banking experience required
- Minimum of 12-months experience at PHH
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), mortgage servicing system and understanding of network systems required
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (only add if needed)
· Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.