This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1001556
The Assistant Manager – Correspondent Lending is responsible for ensuring that the team meets and exceeds the standards for production, accuracy and TAT on a consistent basis.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To take regular team huddle/meet to identify any communication gap/ process update requirements.
• To monitor workflow and delegate work accordingly in order to meet the SLA requirements
• To ensure that quality audits are reviewed and discussed with the team to ensure that the errors are not repeated.
• To formulate plans/ practices/Key performance indicators that enables the team to maximize their output in terms of productivity and accuracy.
• To be able to positively respond to and handle peak work volume/ pressure situations and have a motivating influence on the team.
• To track the process for workflow, tracking team performance, deployment of resources and capacity planning.
• Coordinate QC and Repurchase calibration meetings with applicable business units and the vendor(s)
• Review loan decisions and conditions and identify potential alternatives with management support as needed
• Communicate with Correspondent Sales and other business units including all levels as needed
• Assist with the development of process improvements
• Work with internal Operations for escalations, issues and questions pertaining to work completed by vendor
• Provides Dashboard reporting of performance including SLAs, production, quality, TAT and remediation plans
• Utilize on shore and off shore resources in support of the functional requirements
• Ensure Compliance and stay current with laws and regulations and GSE requirements
• Provide well-organized information and escalation to leadership as applicable
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree is a must with minimum 5 years of experience in origination at leadership level
Well versed with underwriting or TILA/RESPA guidelines for both conventional and govt loans
Experience in managing correspondent lenders is preferred
Mortgage underwriting and/or operations experience is a plus
Proven interpersonal skills, ability to interact with other departments and vendors in a professional manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Requires good presentation and communication skills to ensure vendors understand their contractual requirements.
Strong analytical, interpersonal, relationship management skills & decision-making ability
Ability to escalated loans as needed.
Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Ability to work in a fast pace environment.