The Scenario Desk Underwriter will be responsible for reviewing and responding to scenario questions regarding underwriting guidelines and PHH policies and procedure for loans that have not yet been submitted to End Loan Underwriting for Underwriting.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Responsible for researching and responding effectively to all underwriting scenario questions that are routed to the UW Scenario Help Desk.
- Provide alternative options on scenario questions when necessary.
- Accurately track all requests submitted (calls or written scenarios) to ensure completion within the established SLA.
- Provide clear and concise communication and support to both sales and non-sales staff with questions related to all aspects of the business channel, including questions on product guidelines and restrictions, loan process flow and PHH policies.
- Assist in identifying trends or topics based on questions from internal and external clients that require further training. Work directly with the Training department to communicate these needs.
- Maintain high level of customer service and communication with both internal and external clients.
- Responsible for reviewing policy changes when released to be able to effectively address questions from clients and Sales team.
- Perform potential denial requests on loans submitted by Loan Processors or Loan Officers to see if alternatives exist and if not, ensure that the accurate HMDA decline reasons are selected
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- Two or more years underwriting experience or equivalent
- Ability to review income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary title reports, judgements, bankruptcy documents, appraisals and any additional applicable credit documents in order to make sound risk decision.
- Ability to navigate, comprehend and interpret investor specific guidelines (PHH/Agency)
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Acute attention to detail
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Bilingual skills a plus
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.