The Company is seeking a professional to manage Ocwen's Reverse Mortgage Operations team in Houston, TX. The candidate will be a key member of the management team with responsibilities for HUD Claims, Investor Reporting, Cash processing, Tax and Insurance monitoring, accounts payable, and various administrative support services. The position will report to the VP, Reverse Mortgage Servicing.
- Manage a diverse workforce spread across multiple locations with remote and on-site teams. Main office will be in Houston, Texas.
- Lead, manage and motivate operations staff to meet or exceed organizational objectives.
- Set comprehensive goals and objectives for the operations team.
- Establishment of key performance metrics and ensure tracking and monitoring are in place to provide management and team members with performance against goals and objectives.
- Develop internal control framework to ensure regulatory, financial, and operational compliance.
- Provide necessary coaching and development to team members to drive performance and establish action plans to address under performance.
- Identify overall improvement opportunities in within the Reverse Servicing operations and develop appropriate project initiatives to accomplish organizational improvements.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly communication to team members regarding goals, key drivers, procedural changes, and important company messages.
- Create, maintain and ensure compliance with divisional policies and procedures, URMs and training guides; and ensure timely revisions, as required.
- Prepare and present monthly operational review reports to the VP.
- Develop and manage specific KPIs surrounding:
- HUD claim accuracy and timeliness
- HUD assignment timeliness
- Tax and Insurance tracking and timeliness of disbursements
- Investor Reporting accuracy and timeliness
- Cash Management:
- Timely and accurate payment of vendor and third-party payments.
- Timely and accurate posting of borrower payments for payoffs, payment plan's and other cash received.
- Timely and accurate disbursements to borrowers, tax authorities, insurance agencies, vendors, etc.
- Timely month-end processing and mailing of borrower's monthly statements
- Daily, weekly & monthly cash reconciliations
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 years of Reverse Servicing experience managing similar functions
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Candidate should have 5 plus years of financial services / consumer lending / mortgage servicing experience
- Experience negotiator
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to develop reports, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to work effectively with global cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and adapt to constantly changing business environment
- The ideal candidate will be self-confident and goal oriented
- Customer oriented individual
- Extremely innovative with excellent Leadership skills
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.