This role will be responsible for hiring, training, resource allocation, learning & development curriculum, quality programs, cycle times, productivity, meeting both external and internal SLAs, tools and systems, and policies and procedures for Underwriting within Originations.
Through collaborative leadership and execution excellence this role will align with the needs of its partners within Sales, Processing, support units and Enterprise Risk to ensure we are managing the business activities within the strategic business plans.of the organization.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Responsible for overseeing and leading the Underwriting staff of Originations across all channels(Consumer Direct, Correspondent Lending and Reverse Lending)
- Lead and drive continual process improvement strategies via the established change management process to enhance capabilities within the Underwriting structure.
- Responsible for understanding business development strategies and developing a staffing model with volume assumptions, productivity drivers that will ensure appropriate capacity/headcount to support each channel
- Manage with leaders the overall performance of Underwriting staff ensuring that all service levels are met: Quality, Productivity and Turntime. Ensure the appropriate credit authority is assigned at the individual Underwriter level
- Promote employee engagement and professional development via regular communication, training/coaching and mentoring programs that enhance skill sets.
- Collaborate with Risk partners on root cause analysis and trending of quality defects. Coordinate management actions plans when applicable to ensure Quality standards are met and maintained.
- Lead working with Operations, Sales and Risk to promote a positive and customer centric environment that focuses on best in class borrower experiences whilst managing our risk and regulator obligations appropriately
- Maintain regular communication with the Origination Operations Manager Leadership across all channels to ensure clear understanding of corporate publications/annoucnements and maintain regular communication to staff
- Support all required business processes as needed with partners such as human resources, finances and risk
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor degree in finance or related field required, masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a management role
- Proven ability to lead and develop team members in line with regulatory and internal standards
- Ability to work with and influence at a C-Suite level
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to influence at all levels within the organization seamlessly
- Ability to analytically synthesize information to identify root cause challenges to create solutions that meet both the end users and our employees
- Delegated/JUMBO, Non-Delegated Correspondent, Consumer Direct and Wholesale experience preferred
- Must have experience with Conventional, FHA and VA CP Manufactured Housing lending
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio and Outlook).
- Previous experience with Encompass preferred
- Any other requirements an ideal applicant needs to have that is not covered by above
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
- NMLS Licensing and other licensing may be required
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.