Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1001949
A Security Operation Center Analyst is primarily responsible for all activities that occur within the SOC. Analysts in Security Operations work with other team members to give situational awareness via detection, containment, and remediation of IT threats. SOC Analysts cooperate with other team members to detect and respond to information security incidents, develop and follow security events such as alerts, and engage in security investigations.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• To monitor, maintain and protect organization networks, systems and assets for malicious activity typically using technologies such as Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and IDS systems.
• To respond rapidly and effectively to IT security incidents, managing them in a professional way, including performing forensics for evidence gathering and preservation.
• Experience in various security tools such as Antivirus, EDR, Proxies, Firewall, IPS, AAA etc.
• To carry out technical vulnerability assessments of IT systems to identifying potential vulnerabilities. Experience in red teaming activity and pen test would be desirable.
• To keep up to date with security trends, threats and control measures.
• Analyzing Phishing emails.
• Knowledge of cloud security (AWS, Azure) will be an added advantage.
• To coordinate tasks as directed by the IT Security Manager to assist in the improvement of the security of the system.
• Approach tasks with flexibility, proactivity and complete work to a high quality
• 2--3 years of progressive experience as SOC Analyst.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college / university.
• Security Certifications such as CEH/Security +
Work Schedule: 2 PM to 11 PM / 9 PM to 6 AM IST