Under the supervision of the Manager, Reverse Servicing Home Retention, the Team Lead will supervise and coordinate departmental customer service single point of contact with borrower from due and payable through final resolution of default. Assist borrower with available options up to and including Deed in Lieu and Short Sale where appropriate. As applicable to the position, oversee HUD default and foreclosure timelines. Plan, organize, and lead responsibilities for the area of responsibility. Supervise the customer complaint process related to default and foreclosure. Establish controls necessary to ensure the Loan Servicing Department is maintained in accordance with policies, procedures, and applicable federal and state regulations.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development of long- and short-range goals for Reverse Mortgage Servicing Department in the areas of internal policy, service, performance and staffing.
- Measure progress towards achievement of planned objectives for all areas of responsibility.
- Organize workflow within and between units of responsibility.
- Provide direction in solving problems of unusual or complicated nature.
- Provide training, counseling and feedback to subordinates on job related matters. Assists direct reports with complex human resource matters.
- Assure quality service in the administration of reverse mortgage loans under defined responsibilities.
- Supervise customer contact through the default and foreclosure process.
- Manage HUD requests for extensions to file 1st Legal.
- Track and resolve customer complaints.
- Supervise receipt, track and report cease and desist orders.
- Manage incoming departmental mail (open, log, prioritize, scanning where appropriate and proper distribution.
- Oversee the communication and coordination of Deed in Lieu or Short Sale if requested.
- Supervise the referral to foreclosure based on HUD timelines after exhausting all options.
- Performs special assignments/projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Minimum requirement of 5 years of industry experience.
- Possess and demonstrate a broad, fundamental understanding of Post-Closing Operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates Leadership Skills
- Builds Strong Working Relationships
- Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
- Customer/External Focus
- Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer applications
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.