Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Valuations, the Analyst, Valuations, will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and validating the quality of data included in different valuations products and/or services. Providing production job support from a quality perspective. Incumbent must be able to understand business rules, work with varying data formats, and develop metrics and audit procedures to monitor, correct, follow-up on, and report on data quality. Work with multiple groups, including cross-functional business teams across several geographies, to resolve issues.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Review reports and/or specific valuation products/services (appraisals, BPOs, value reconciliation orders, etc.) for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact appraisers, brokers, clients, and/or internal groups to validate information and/or inquire further, requesting updates and corrections, as appropriate.
- Perform quality control and/or quality assurance activities on assigned jobs, tracking requests for changes/updates through completion and providing end-user clients with updates, as required.
- Conduct order follow-up, as appropriate, to ensure complete and accurate valuation products/services are delivered to clients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of department procedures and client requirements, including a full understanding of operations processes.
- Ensure quality reviews, corrections, or updates align with defined turn-around times and client SLAs.
- Update logs, tracking action items and assessing key themes.
- May create reports and communicate results with internal and external constituencies.
- May train peers, acting as SME within department.
- Facilitate escalation of quality issues.
- May be assigned accounts that are identified as high-risk, strategic, and/or sensitive, requiring higher level of expertise and experience.
- Conduct a final review of products/services that require review by a current certified Appraiser.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of mortgage experience
- General understanding of valuation services, appraisal and/or insurance.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to maintain focus when faced with conflicting priorities/demands
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency
- Experience dealing with escalated issues required
- Ability to calculate basic financial figures and amounts
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, accounting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, e-mail and internet software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong work and business ethics
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.