Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Foreclosure Reverse Servicing, the Coordinator, Title Curative, will be responsible for managing day to day activities of our outside title curative vendors and legal counsel, as well as in-house departments. Coordinate activities between these parties on assigned files to ensure that bottlenecks are identified and eliminated in a timely matter. Ensure that title issues associated with assignable loans are remediated quickly and accurately.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Manage the resolution productivity of outside title curative vendors against established Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain curative portfolio of titles, including: aging, impediments and ETA.
- Work with available resources to resolve any title related issues.
- Contact servicers and foreclosure attorneys to obtain necessary documents.
- Ensure that all bills are paid and current.
- Communicate with vendors to ensure that all information is current and updated.
- Cure title impairments by obtaining lien releases and negotiates with the title provider to determine resolution of judgments, senior liens, and other issues.
- Manage time sensitive deadlines and communicates with associates in other departments in order to meet departmental goals.
- Order the filing of title claims, working with attorneys to resolve title issues, or defense litigation surrounding title defects that cause an impediment to obtaining title to the property or conveying title to investors/insurers.
- Handle more complex levels of transactions with limited supervision to complete daily tasks and duties.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Minimum requirement of 1 year of mortgage experience within title, closing and/or post closing
- Reverse mortgage experience is a plus
- Effective customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage high volumes with accuracy.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Well organized, effective time management, prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Team Player. Position requires interaction with all interoffice personnel, managers and officers as well as the public and outside vendors.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.