Reporting to the Director and Head of Client Relations & Loan Boarding, the Business Analyst, Reverse Servicing, will be responsible for the development of reports and ad hoc queries relevant to client requests, business demands for operational improvements and efficiencies in a fast-paced environment. The Business Analyst will become very knowledgeable of company operations and will partner with the business units to develop ideas and strategies to improve performance.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Utilize Excel and/or other software tools to create valuable business reports and models.
- Communicate regularly with management on issues, constraints, and status of projects.
- Identify and analyze production gaps or defects to recommend system enhancements, process efficiencies, and cost saving initiatives.
- Develop measurement tools and reports to proactively establish sound business controls to mitigate risk and ensure the successful attainment of department goals.
- Present report findings to leadership with a comprehensive risk and impact assessment.
- Facilitate meetings with business and technical team members to drive project completion.
- Monitor newly executed initiatives to document results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Contribute to defining and maintaining business analyst role-based policies and procedures.
- Additional job-related responsibilities may be requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- BA/BS business degree with technical coursework such as Business Administration, Information Technology, Information Systems, Finance, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or similar field
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Aptitude and desire to acquire new technology skills necessary
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, both technical and professional
- Ability to work collaboratively with other groups including business analysts, management, and end users
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.