The Manager, Tax Services monitors, and ensure sufficient controls are in place for the servicing portfolio to facilitate the accurate and timely payment of real estate taxes, ensuring compliance with all state, federal, and investor requirements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, tax penalty and interest claims, tax refund processing, customer service inquiry research and resolution, and on-site check and processing duties in our Mt. Laurel, NJ office. Previous experience in mortgage servicing desired and experience in escrow operations is preferred. This role will manage a team of 8-12 on and offshore colleagues.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Obtain appropriate approvals, package, and release disbursement checks in a timely manner; ensure controls are implemented for security and tracking purposes
- Manage tax penalty and interest paid through corporate advances through claims processing
- Manage tax refunds processing
- Manage all applicable Customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Monitor and ensure controls are adequate to prevent losses and customer irritants
- Claim back up denials and invoice back-up
- Vendor management (helping to manage vendor SLAs)
- Work closely with compliance to provide information requested in audits
- Resolve escalated customer complaints
- Provide leadership for all related projects
- Coordinate and host meetings, as needed
- Timely and accurate updating of all related/managed policy and procedures
- Support management and training of new staff with on the job learning
- 5+ years of experience in real estate tax
- 3-5 years of escrow experience
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience in people management
- 3-5 years of customer service and escalation resolution experience
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Extensive experience in meeting planning and facilitation
- Experienced in SQL and Excel
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in related field preferred
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.