Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.:
- Daily activities associated with monitoring the performance of a commercial real estate portfolio with the guidance of the Portfolio Manager
- Assist Portfolio Manager to monitor all delinquent commercial loans and pursue a course of action to resolve the delinquency
- Perform outbound calls with borrowers and / or third-party representatives performing collection and servicing activities
- Perform customer service activities related to inbound calls
- Perform outbound calls to assess borrower's impact of Federal Disasters
- Support Portfolio Manager in clearance of surveillance related activities to include: Tax, Insurance Escrow Analysis, Suspense and Task management
- Perform document research to determine guidelines and requirements related to borrower requests and loan issues
- Assemble the required supporting documentation to prepare a thorough analysis to support recommendation of borrower special requests including assumptions, easements, partial releases, etc.
- Order and review completed property inspections for overall health of property. Identify and escalate significant property issues
- Collect and assist to analyze property operating statement and rent rolls as part of Watchlist and collateral review
- Maintain accurate records of servicing activities on Company's Systems
- Other duties as assigned
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required
- College degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the mortgage industry required
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office including report development in Excel and Access as well as Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Oral/ Written communication skills
- Demonstrate effective use of organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and works independently
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) considered a plus
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Ocwen and its subsidiaries are proud to be equal opportunity workplaces. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.