Reporting to the Client Relations Director, the Client Relations Manager will lead, develop and provide direction and management oversight of the client and sub-servicing relationship for the company. Work effectively with the Client and other third parties, while keeping internal staff informed and up-to-date on client/investor requirements, changes and delegated guidelines, including, internal processes and technology enhancements. Engage internal organizational departments to ensure client requirements, servicer levels, request and client issues are communicated and resolved timely while working to minimize exposure and cost.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide oversight for the client relationship, other specific subservicing clients and direct staff as may be needed.
- Disseminate client contractual service levels and requirements to the Operational Managers and provide input into procedures and protocols as applicable to meet such requirements.
- Mitigate risk and exposure from: curtailments, make whole request and service level requirements
- Manage and coordinate repurchase request from Client's investors with client and internal operations to ensure repurchase are processed timely and boarded appropriately to the servicing platform.
- Manage Clients required monthly reporting and exception process to ensure RMS's timely reporting to Client by required due dates.
- Partner with key functional areas (such as Legal, Finance, IT, HR, etc.) to support a successful ongoing relationship with client.
- Serve as a leader during client meetings and conference presentations, including providing logistics, background materials and the preparation of other Operational leadership.
- Assist and support Operational departments in answering questions and/or resolving issues regarding the Client's needs.
- Ensure direct staff, as applicable, is following Company policy regarding, training, compliance, federal and state laws/regulations.
- Manage client for adherence to contract requirements, pricing, service levels and any other pertinent details.
- Assist in the development of the long and short range goals for the Client Services Department in the areas of internal policy and systems, service, performance and staffing.
- Manage internal staff including hiring, setting goals and objectives, coaching, and conducting performance reviews.
- May manage Off-shore staff relationship.
- Resolve escalated issues with Clients/Investors, Operations, IT, etc.
- Provide recommendations to management on discovered risks associated with Client.
- Provide or facilitate training as needed, on internal processes and redundant problem areas with client.
- Attend internal client operational review meetings, as needed, to discuss performance and/or identified issues with the clients' portfolios.
- Develop staff by expanding experience levels and strengthening overall team skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- College degree required or equivalent education and work experience in mortgage loan servicing.
- 5-7 years' experience in the following areas: Mortgage Servicing, Client Management, Managing Staff, and Customer Service.
- Knowledge of mortgage banking including all aspect of mortgage servicing operations, with an understanding of technology and systems.
- Knowledge of Mortgage industry policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Strong understanding of the operational responsibilities involved in servicing/subservicing, and loan transfers.
- 1 - 3 years' experience working with reverse mortgages preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Possess critical thinking skills in understanding how to methodically, strategically, and collaboratively make decisions, solve problems, and foster innovation
- Possess and demonstrate excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize job responsibilities in a detailed fashion.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines imposed by rapid business growth, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Training / Licensing Requirements
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.