Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Payoffs - Reverse Servicing, the Specialist, Payoffs - Reverse Servicing, will be responsible for performing tasks/responsibilities related to processing payoffs on the servicing portfolio. Responsibilities must be performed within established KPIs and within State and Regulatory guidelines.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Monitor intakes of payoff requests, i.e., Outlook specific payoff email address, web request, etc., to ensure timely processing of Payoff Statements and Refinance Worksheets
- Process and prepare payoff statements in accordance with policy/procedure and ensure they are prepared within state and regulatory guidelines and SOX Controls are met
- Request outstanding fees/costs related to product/services performed but not yet paid in order to include in the payoff statement as allowed by law, i.e., legal fees/costs, title searches, property preservation, appraisals, etc.
- In accordance with state and regulatory guidelines, include any outstanding fees/costs for products/services that have been incurred but not yet billed/paid
- Include in the payoff statement, property hazard insurance, property taxes and HOA dues that have been or plan to be disbursed within the payoff quote "good through date"
- Place an alert "payoff request pending"
- Prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met within established policy/procedure and KPSs and in accordance with all state mandated deadlines
- Prepare and reissue daily, as appropriate, a revised payoff statement with additional disbursements have been issued on loans where a payoff statement "good through date" has expired
- Mail payoff statement via USPS requested by borrower or authorized party
- Request final invoices from vendors for estimated Pends entered in Navigator
- Process paid in full invoices in accordance with policy/procedure
- Process overage payment to applicable party, i.e., borrower, attorney, etc. and in accordance with policy /procedure, KPIs and ensuring SOX Controls are met
- Research outstanding checks and void as needed
- Assist external/internal customers with questions related to the payoff statement
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly assigned tasks within KPIs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Minimum requirement of 3 years of mortgage experience.
- Possess and demonstrate a broad, fundamental understanding of Post-Closing Operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized, paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
- Customer/External Focus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer applications
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.