The Underwriter reviews, conditions and underwrites reverse mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines; examines all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review and analyze the reverse mortgage loan application to ensure eligibility, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines to minimize risk factors
- Review all required loan data, reports, and inspections to insure the collateral is acceptable to investor, company, and FHA guidelines
- Responsible for making independent decisions regarding acceptance and risk of loans according to HUD, company, and investor guidelines.
- Provides final approval underwriting of mortgage loans.
- Completes all required paperwork and forms in a timely and accurate manner; prepares required forms
- Sign off conditions in a timely manner set by management
- Work with staff and management to find solutions on escalated loans
- May be requested to make recommendations for improving Internal Audit's policies and practices
- Manage loans by using all functions of company mortgage loan software
- Effectively communicate underwriting decisions with processors and advisors
- Maintain high level of customer service and communication with other departments
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent, DE Underwriter strongly preferred
- Must have mortgage industry experience - strongly preferred in reverse mortgage field.
- Thorough working knowledge of real estate documentation, policies, compliance, and procedures
- High level of proficiency with mortgage loan processing and underwriting systems
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on computer programs required for position
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Bilingual skills a plus
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we've delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging - and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you're pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you'll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.