Under the supervision of the Manager, Reverse Servicing Loss Mitigation, the Specialist, Short Sale, will be responsible for facilitating the loss mitigation process for borrowers. Position will be responsible for assisting borrowers with questions and providing documentation needed to complete the transaction; will require interaction and support through the completion of the transaction with the service provider.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to all borrowers interested in a loss mitigation option.
- Handle and respond to phone calls and written correspondence received from customers throughout the process.
- Act as a liaison between RMS and its affiliates, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, including compliance with federal laws and regulations.
- Actively monitor loss mitigation workouts through completion.
- Routinely update loan file with loss mitigation information.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- Title experience along with reviewing and clearing exceptions
- Knowledge of original and trailing closing documents
- Strong professional communication written and verbal in order communicate with inhouse as well as investors
- Strong knowledge of web base county websites to track recorded documents
- Knowledge of government HUD guidelines, loans and expectations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of mortgage experience
- Mortgage servicing or Home Equity Conversion Loan experience preferred
- Knowledge of HUD, RESPA/TILA regulations, title, financial/bank servicing, real estate, portfolio management and customer service considered a plus
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Analyze and interpret document such as technical journals, financial reports, legal documents, policies and procedures.
- Ability to calculate basic financial figures and amounts
- Proficient in computer skills and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, accounting, general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, e-mail and internet software
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors
- Strong team player
- Strong work and business ethics
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.