Reporting to the Manager Assignment Services, the Assignment Specialist will be responsible for performing tasks associated with assigning loans to HUD for the serviced portfolio.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Review and resolve data discrepancies between HERMIT (HUD's system of record) and ReverseQuest (PHH System of record).
- Review and analyze accounting entries in ReverseQuest and HERMIT to prepare a "Pre-D&P Report" for submission to HUD.
- Run Reports of Claims to be filed and completing the filing of the Claim in HERMIT and completing documentation within ReverseQuest.
- Run Reports of Preliminary Title Approval, pulling documents from HERMIT and completing documentation within ReverseQuest.
- Run Reports of loans needing Reclassification and preparing associated documents.
- Assist the Quality Control Team in other tasks as may be required.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the mortgage field
- Microsoft Office
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to calculate basic financial figures and amounts.
- Accounts receivable or payable.
- Able to communicate in writing, effectively and professionally, as well as verbally in person and over the phone.
- Present information, effectively and professionally, to supervisors, etc.
- Work with little supervision.
- Must be able to handle high volumes in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong team player.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong work and business ethics.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.