Location: Mumbai, MH, India
Job ID: 1002243
The HUD Claims Specialist is responsible for the processing of claims on HUD insured assets as assigned, obtaining all necessary information needed to file 27011 claims to HUD for reimbursement. This position requires the ability to work in a collaborative/team environment aimed at continuous improvement while always meeting or exceeding expectations.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to perform all duties as described under the Assignment Claims Specialist position
• Perform daily follow-up of all assigned assets to ensure a smooth process to avoid delays
• Respond to all incoming requests regarding claims status'
• Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management in accordance with standard performance expectations
• Update Servicing System with the status of assigned claims including events completed and/or delays
• Complete proper review and execution of needed supporting documentation to ensure claim can be submitted to HUD properly and timely
• Verify the accuracy of all relative documents extracted from various resources, including invoices, internal departments, vendors, and external servicers
• Receive, research and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicate effectively with the vendor, client, investor, internal departments, and external servicers when necessary
• Ensure compliance with HUD guidelines, company policies, relevant laws and regulations and maintain integrity of financial data and all aspects of the claims process
• Review claim and supporting documents to ensure correct dates, descriptions, paid amounts, and invoice amounts are documented and make necessary adjustments
• Review balance history transactions, advances, and external expense sheets to ensure all applicable expenses have been claimed or removed
• Liaise with other departments within the company in order to understand and resolve differences
• Perform timely communication regarding discrepancies, issues or other matters with management
• Participates in projects, reports or assists with other tasks as determined by management
KEY RESULTS AREA: (if needed)
• Processing residential and unsecured loan reimbursements and claims
• Turnaround time of 24 hours
• Maintain quality at 100%
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent of fifteen years of education.
• Default mortgage claims/loan servicing experience
• Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, ability to manage time effectively, ability to multi-task within a set amount of time and excellent decision making skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
• Strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate effectively
• Team player and has a positive attitude; approachable
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Preference will be given to any candidate that has prior experience in Claims process.