Reporting to the Manager Assignment Services, the Senior Specialist, Assignment Claims, will be responsible for performing tasks associated with assigning loans to HUD for serviced portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to, research to gather required documents, reviewing completed claims packages for completeness and accuracy in accordance with HUD guidelines, submitting claim packages to HUD, and monitoring HUD for package approvals, and ultimately filing a claim to HUD. Position will be responsible for data entry into core systems for required data fields .
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Research exceptions preventing a loan from being assigned to HUD and identify cure options
- Complete HUD Assignment Checklist
- Review assignment packages for quality
- Submit claims packages to HUD for final approval
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor
- Compete all assigned tasks in a time sensitive environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the mortgage field
- Knowledge of HUD regulations
- Home Equity Conversion Loan experience preferred
- 2+ years of Quality Control experience within a mortgage environment
- Problem Solving/ Critical Thinking
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient skills with MS Excel
- Must be able to handle high volume in a fast paced environment
- Strong team player
- Strong work and business ethics
- Effectively present information to supervisors, clients, and upper management
- Write reports and correspondence
- Read, analyze, and interpret documents such as mortgage documents, financial reports, legal documents, policies and procedures
- Calculate basic financial figures and amounts
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Work with little supervision
- Maintain a flexible work schedule including required overtime as deadlines demand
- Meet critical departmental and federal timelines with accuracy and efficiency
- Build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors
- Adapt to a changing environment
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.