As an established leader in the Reverse Mortgage Origination space, PHH is excited to be building a best in class Reverse Mortgage Servicing platform. This platform will service our own originated product and ultimately provide outstanding servicing to third-party clients. Over the coming months, we will be building out the Servicing platform and leveraging our existing infrastructure wherever possible. Come join our team and get in on the ground floor to be a part of this exciting opportunity. We are looking for motivated, talented individuals that thrive in a fast-paced environment that are eager to be part of this new team.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Claims Reverse Servicing, the Senior Analyst, Non-Performing Claims, is responsible for validating all supporting documentation and ensuring all fields/sections of the HUD form are completed accurately. This position is also responsible for submitting the claim to HUD with certification that the claim is filed accurately subject to criminal and/or civil penalties. This position may be responsible for validating all supporting documents and ensuring all fields/section of the HUD refunds are completed accurately as well as submitting the refund request to senior management for approval.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Maintains knowledge of HUD regulations and guidelines regarding the claim procedure
- Determines if claim should be filed based on paid in full status
- Validates key dates and information on HUD 27011 form (part A) are accurate and ensures supported documentation is included
- Makes allowable corrections on HUD 27011 form, as necessary
- Verifies mortgagee comments on HUD 27011 form are accurate
- Notifies management regarding changes that need to be updated through HUD
- Ensures appropriate appraisals are utilized
- Verifies all information included on the HUD-1form
- Verifies that taxes and insurance were prorated and refunded accordingly
- Verifies applicable extensions and repayments
- Verifies all support documentation is included for property preservations that exceed the HUD allowable amount (50002, Repair Base, and Cost Estimator)
- May have to request additional support documentation from outside parties if not available/sufficient
- Ensures accuracy of claimable expenses
- Follows-up with the responsible party to ensure fatal errors are corrected
- Ensures all documents are sequentially placed in order according to HUD requirements
- Documents the claims database and Navigator with the status of the claim
- Submits claims in the Hermit system
- Assists management with HUD audits, as necessary
- Determines if the HUD refund request is valid
- Validates key dates and information on the HUD refund request are accurate and ensures supported documentation is included
- Makes allowable corrections on HUD refund request, as necessary
- Ensures appropriate debenture interest and UPB is utilized
- Verifies debenture interest calculations and dates are accurate
- Verifies that curtailment worksheet is validated and signed off by the certification team, if applicable
- Ensures all applicable debenture interest calculation schedules are in the claim/refund request as applicable
- Follows-up with the responsible party to ensure corrections are made
- Submits the HUD refund to senior management for sign off approval
- May have to monitors the Cash department to ensure all refunds are processed and imaged
- May have to maintain and update HUD refund tracking report
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- 5+ years of mortgage servicing experience
- 4 years of experience within default, foreclosure and/or bankruptcy or 4 years of claim experience and/or accounts payable
- Ability to calculate basic to complex financial figures
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Research and collect data
- Ability to solve problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe Professional
Training / Licensing Requirements
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.