Ocwen is seeking a contemporary strategic sourcing vice president that will be responsible for transforming the organizational framework within Sourcing to provide strategic leadership in building and enhancing best-in-class procurement activities and processes.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement a Global Sourcing strategy (USA & APAC) to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the company to function and compete effectively
- Responsible for ongoing management of purchasing strategy and activity and for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price
- Reach-out to suitable Vendors, lead negotiations on suitable terms to ensure best commercial models and pricing, select and close out best partnership terms.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization - this may also include suggesting alternative components or vendors.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Overall responsibility for Sourcing and Cost Estimating activities across the business
- Provide commercial advice and support to the business to minimize risk, reduce costs and maximize profits through commercial knowledge and negotiation
- Provide commercial solutions to operational challenges. Influence and motivate stakeholders, internal and external, to take the best commercial solution.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Ensure all commercial deals comply with the company risk policy, contracting standards and any other company policy including vendor diversity and inclusion objectives
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions
- Prepare the annual Sourcing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects
- Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7-10 years in commercial and contract negotiation. Solid negotiator that produces extended value for all parties.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to work cross culturally and across the global footprint.
- Candidate must demonstrate a collaborative and strategic leadership mindset
- Strong communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively at various levels of organization.
- Candidate must exhibit ability to navigate through complex situations.
- Candidate must be a team player, with proven ability to work effectively across multiple teams and levels within the organization.
- Expected candidate will be brought in at a VP level.
- Ability to evaluate financial statements of vendors under consideration
- Prior experience in the financial services industry.
- Prior experience with well-known enterprise vendors.
- Prior technical experience or in-depth understanding of technical concepts and financial matters supporting sourcing process
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.