To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Analyze actual vs projected data related to servicing valuations and translate it into an executive-level presentation
- Identify key drivers within servicing valuation to support the MSR Management team in producing monthly reports
- Support cross-functional areas in refining reports and analytical tools that are used to calculate important metrics
- Support strategic analysis of divestment vs acquisition activities as it relates to MSR assets
- Review internal operational reports vs best practices/ market standards to identify areas of opportunity or assess impact of variances versus peers on metrics such as turn times, fallout, delinquencies, costs, etc
- Lead mining of internal data on both the origination and servicing side of the business to uncover anomalies, asymmetries, variances, etc for business intelligence that drive company opportunity
- Lead efforts to streamline analyses and reports
- Remain apprised of regulatory changes in the industry that could materially impact Ocwen's business
- Analyze pricing, margins, costs, and other P&L drivers for executive communication and optimization opportunities
- Lead the creation of presentation materials for executive team across all areas of Capital Markets
- Review reports produced by other areas of the organization to identify any trends that may impact Capital Markets
- Support teams in month-end close processes and the presentation of said information to channel leaders
- Identify areas for enhanced reporting and analytics
- Support strategic projects and initiatives across business units
- Support accounting and planning activities through research on market forecasts/ trends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelors Degree Required
- 5+ years experience in finance or mortgage industry
- 3 years mortgage experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Microsoft excel, with advanced skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Professional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex information effectively
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to formulate solutions to non-routine problems.
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
- A demonstrated and proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced deadline-driven and constantly changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and project teams
- Solid relationship management skills with the ability to interface confidently with internal/external parties, and to build strong partnerships with others at various levels within the organization
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.