The Business Analyst will report to the Director of Operations. The role requires someone who can function under minimal direction and in a fast-paced environment, while working with a broad cross-section of the organization. The primary objective of this role is to develop solutions to business needs, where they intersect systems, strategy, and analytics to ensure system controls are maintained as mandated by the Reverse Originations Compliance Department and the Legal Department.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible and unambiguous.
- Communication of business requirements to system teams and/or system requirements to business units
- Gather inputs from business units to develop robust and systematic solutions to issues and/or improve efficiencies
- Validate technical solutions and deliverables satisfy business requirements through analysis and testing
- Develop appropriate Change Management procedures and testing documentation
- Communicate recommendations and present status updates to requisite team(s)
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide view of the business and its interdependencies across other departments, including processes, systems, and data components
- Assist the business in identification of reports and/or processes that should be automated.
- Ensure that delivered solutions will satisfy requirements through the creation and execution of system, functional, stress, load, and user acceptance test plans
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing as needed
- Lead small to medium initiatives in a project management capacity
- Collaborate with developers and business subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and to analyze the various tradeoffs in designing a proper solution
- Identify, quantify and develop alternatives and recommendations for project-related items or operational risks
- Provide support for solutions within production, including metrics, analysis and reporting, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and corrective actions
- Interact with a range of management levels throughout the organization
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- Follow up on any application/data reconciliation issues that may arise
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines as laid out by the Control Directors and Reverse Origination Compliance Department and Legal Department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical filed such as Engineering, Math, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- At least 5 years of business analyst experience within the financial services industry
- 3 years mortgage origination or IT experience preferred
- High-level understanding of mortgage origination and sales processes preferred
- Committed to customer service excellence.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with multi-tasking and prioritization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and delivery on timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project)
- Advanced SQL knowledge preferred
- Additive skills include: systems development skills/ experience, risk management and integration management, quality assurance and/or systems audit experience
Company: Liberty Reverse Mortgage
Who We Are
Liberty Reverse is one of the largest and most experienced reverse mortgage lenders in the U.S. For over fifteen years, we've delivered education, home equity solutions, and personal care to over 60,000 senior homeowners and over 1,000 mortgage partners. Headquartered in Rancho Cordova, CA, Liberty provides reverse mortgage solutions including Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM) and proprietary reverse mortgage loans to retail consumers, wholesale, and correspondent partners.
Liberty Reverse was recently named one of the Best Mortgage Companies to Work for by National Mortgage News for 2019. When you join Liberty, you join a culture which is Vibrant, Inclusive and Cares for you and your community. Every day, we strive to foster a culture where all our team members are respected, valued and empowered. Liberty employees are passionate about customer service, committed to teamwork and dedicated to success. The atmosphere is fast-paced and challenging - and there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career, whether you're pursuing management, learning multiple disciplines and/or becoming a subject matter expert in your field. We believe in empowering our employees to explore new ideas, take initiatives for change, and continuously improve our performance. And, as part of the Liberty family, you'll build long-term relationships in your career here.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.