Position Summary :
As an established leader in the Reverse Mortgage Origination space, PHH is excited to be building a best in class Reverse Mortgage Servicing platform. This platform will service our own originated product and ultimately provide outstanding servicing to third-party clients. Over the coming months, we will be building out the Servicing platform and leveraging our existing infrastructure wherever possible. Come join our team and get in on the ground floor to be a part of this exciting opportunity. We are looking for motivated, talented individuals that thrive in a fast-paced environment that are eager to be part of this new team.
Under the specific direction of the Investor Reconciliations AVP and the Investor Reconciliation Manager, the Investor Claims Analyst will be responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of investor loan level activities for the calculation and communication of investor profit or loss on assets as well as the collection of funds due from 3rd party vendors in an effort to minimize Company exposure for loss.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile make whole requests (MWR) received from investors based on HUD claims paid.
- Build the expense schedule to support the findings and determining the responsible party (i.e. investor, HUD, Company Vendor) for final payment approval.
- May present and review findings to management prior to communication with Investor.
- After reconciliation is completed, provide written findings/rebuttals to investor and provide additional supporting documentation when necessary.
- Report and initiate payment of confirmed RMS amounts due to investor.
- Educate investor as necessary regarding RMS' Loss Analysis model.
- Perform independent research and calculations related to allocation of disbursements and remittances to identify opportunities for 3rd party indemnifications and collection of same.
- Validation of servicer's compliance with HUD guidelines to ensure RMS is not penalized by investor or HUD erroneously.
- Partner with other key functional areas (such as Claims, AP, REO, Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) to support a successful and accurate reconciliation process.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience in mortgage/financial services environment preferred (recent college graduates considered)
- 2 to 4 years of experience in accounting/financial reconciliations preferred (recent college graduates considered)
- Knowledge and experience of HUD regulations related to HECMs preferred
- High proficiency level with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
- Must have experience creating and working with pivot tables
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Well organized, effective time management, able to prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Possess critical thinking skills in understanding how to methodically, strategically, and collaboratively make decisions, solve problems, and foster innovation
- Possess and demonstrate excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exchange information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize job responsibilities in a detailed fashion.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment and successfully meet established deadlines
- Ability to allocate one's own time efficiently and must handle multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and productivity
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality ; Work under pressure and tight timelines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform complex analysis and reconciliations
- Effective problem solving skills
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.