The Director, Subservicing Sales is a key role to our business, responsible for driving new residential & commercial subservicing sales opportunities. Reporting to the Subservicing Product Executive, this position is specifically focused on developing new & existing relationships with targeted segments of originators, investors, and other mortgage servicing rights owners to grow the PHH subservicing portfolio. This seasoned professional will be responsible for managing the entire sales cycle - from lead to close - as this role is specifically designed to drive new subservicing clients to PHH and accelerate growth for the PHH servicing & originations platforms.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Utilize your established network of executive/C-suite relationships and industry contacts to source new residential & commercial mortgage subservicing opportunities
- Create outreach campaigns to targeted originators & MSR owners to identify volumes, product mix, delivery methods, & custom client requirements to quickly build pipeline
- Interact and collaborate with Servicing operations & pricing teams to structure subservicing proposals, cost analyses, contract negotiations, and closing
- Interact with Client Management and Loan Boarding teams to ensure smooth integration and servicing transfers between Client and PHH
- Serve as key point of contact to manage entire subservicing sales cycle with Client
- Promote PHH participation as whole loan Correspondent buyer and active buyer on Fannie/Freddie/Ginnie/other co-issue platforms
- Partner with Correspondent and Reverse sales teams to pursue cross-sell opportunities with prospects to sell multiple PHH business lines
Marketing & Outreach
- Attend industry conferences & tradeshows to promote PHH's market-leading subservicing capabilities and complementary business lines
- Generate and execute on new client solicitation campaigns to build pipeline of new Subservicing opportunities, particularly within the first 60-90 days
- Target specific market segments and clients with incumbent subservicer/in-house teams in place. Communicate PHH's value propositions around onboarding, technology, economics, etc.
- Work with Marketing team, as needed, to drive awareness of the PHH business model, including email campaigns, social media, and various marketing opportunities
- Build case studies, white papers, and other marketing collateral to promote PHH as a market leader across each of our business lines
Pipeline Analysis & Metrics
- Manage weekly pipeline report to include new prospects, portfolio characteristics, client strategy, and timing through closing/transfer. Manage all key internal & external stakeholders through closing.
- Meet/exceed metrics for each step of the sales pipeline. Set regular goals with management to achieve both team and corporate acquisition goals.
- Report regularly to Subservicing Sales team and executive management on progress, market feedback, and areas for improvement across the organization
- Experience with Salesforce and Excel a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- Seasoned mortgage servicing professional with a minimum of 10 years' experience in subservicing/servicing, mortgage banking, originations, and/or MSR transactions - preferably in a business development / enterprise sales capacity
- Established network of mortgage banking and financial services contacts , including but not limited to mortgage bankers, banks, private investors, community banks, REITs, and credit unions. Existing pipeline of subservicing acquisition targets a strong plus.
- Solid servicing background including a deep knowledge of servicing operations, activities and key requirements for today's clients
- Solid Business Development background, with the ability to manage entire subservicing sales cycle: from initial outreach/discovery through pricing/contracts through closing/onboarding
- Knowledge of residential & commercial servicing operations, securitization market, and secondary marketing activities is a strong plus
- Experience reviewing and negotiating legal contracts
- Resourceful and aggressive "hunter" to identify strategic clients & partners
- Ability to research & report on market trends through trade associations and publications
- Must work well independently, make decisions in a fast-paced environment, and pay very close attention to detail when working with internal & external stakeholders
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.