This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bangalore, KA, India
Job ID: 1002665
The Specialist will be reporting to the Team Leader, Originations Credit Quality Control. The Specialist will be involved in completing Agency prescribed verifications of various in-file documentation. The specialist will also be involved in reviewing Reverse Mortgage loan files in line with the FHA Guidelines through a prescribed checklist.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Specialist in the Originations Credit Quality Control will be responsible to initiate verification of various asset and income documentation from the sampled loans selected for Post Fund Due Diligence Underwriting. Following are the Job Responsibilities.
• Understand the information provided in the Automated Underwriting System and determine the documentation that needs to be verified. Retrieve the documents and initiate attempts to verify the documents in question. Document the Attempts made and confirm the authenticity of the documents verified, if the attempts were successful.
• Initiate escalation and for further review in case discrepancies identified. Report the information to management.
• Will be responsible to work on Reverse Mortgage Quality Control function, which is in line with the FHA Guidelines.
• Should be able to understand various documents used for Reverse Mortgage Originations and confirm its availability in line with the requirement stated in the checklists used.
• Should be able to read and comprehend the various guidelines provided in the checklist and ensure that the loan file in line with the requirement.
• Should have the ability to read and comprehend the information provided in various documents in the loan file.
• Should be able to manage work with high volumes and repetitive task of initiating verifications and documenting consistently.
• Should be open to work in Night Shift (if needed) with a flexibility to change the shift at minimum notice
• Should have effective written and verbal communication skills
• Should have good comprehension skills and ensure all changes and updates are immediately adopted
• Should have keen sense of timeliness and adhere to strict timelines.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Graduation in any field is a qualifying criterion
2+ years of experience in US Residential Mortgage. Experience in Originations will be an added advantage
Experience working in Encompass and Doc Velocity will be an advantage
Good Understanding and functional knowledge in using MS Excel and other Microsoft Office Applications.
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (only add if needed)
PMP certification not needed
WORK SCHEDULE OR TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (Only add if needed)