The Lead Trainer, Learning and Development is an exciting position that will be responsible for managing and executing on the training projects, education program and processes for a specific business unit within PHH Mortgage. Reporting to the Training Manager of Learning and Development within Originations, and will assist in project management, designing, developing, and training on all curricula within the Learning and Development Course Catalog such as, but not limited to; Mortgage Lending 101/102, On-boarding, Loan Processing, Sales, Underwriting, Systems and Refreshers, as well as overall product, process and soft skills within the organization. Our teams' success and their abilities to deliver to our borrowers is integral to the success of this role and our learning and development team partners cohesively with the business to deliver best in class solutions to business needs designed to enhance the employee and borrower experience and drive our growth.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Manage projects, design training curricula, partner with the Training Manager to schedule trainings, and deliver trainings
- Responsible as the liaison with the assigned business unit to align training to their needs and priorities
- Strive to contribute to and make recommendations to continuously improve internal processes, standards, and training solutions.
- Manage projects and serve as a strategic partner to business unit verticals
- Train and support other trainers to upskill where necessary
- Demonstrate product knowledge and deliver trainings in various training curricula, as mentioned above, via virtual training
- Monitor and evaluate training programs to ensure effectiveness
- Use technology to leverage training efficiencies, track participation, and document progress
- Maintain tracking and assessment records for participants
- Consistently analyze outdated content and trends to prepare refresher sessions, as needed
- Responsible for conducting monthly training interventions
- Create and execute training with new product launches
- Continually train, motivate, and develop staff, fostering a positive culture to drive innovation, collaboration, and team member engagement
- Gather, assess, and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices and processes
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Complete new hire training with 85% mastery verifiable through a robust certification process
- Review and recommend areas of improvement and opportunity for content and an increased L&D footprint
- Engage leadership across the business in bi-weekly calibrations to discuss trainee progress and capacities
- Meet or exceed departmental standards as it relates to Learning & Development requirements
- Increase competency and productivity of experienced Lending professionals through group and individual training interventions, determined in conjunction with the Training Manager
- Research industry methodologies and best practices to integrate into professional practice to ensure that our training is following the most effective and efficient learning appraoches
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years' training and/or education or equivalent related business experience, required
- 3+ years' Mortgage Lending/Originations industry within our core business units, required
- Previous people leadership or management experience preferred
- Knowledge of training techniques and technologies, focused on adult learning theories, required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of Encompass® strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Articulate 360, preferred
- Proficiency in one on one and group coaching and training, utilizing diverse learning approaches and modalities
- Ability to autonomously train entire business unit verticals without guidance (for example, Sales, Processing or Underwriting)
- Ability to demonstrate varied engagement practices in a virtual learning environment
- Effective project management and collaboration skills that drive results and meet deliverables
- Proficiency working collaboratively with leaders across organizational departments
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizations skills
- Must be responsible, detail oriented, and maintain reliable follow through
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to excel within initiative priority fluctuations
- Must possess good judgment, leadership, and business acumen
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in ethics and integrity
- Ability to be a creative, flexible, collaborative, and innovative team player
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.