As an established leader in the Reverse Mortgage Origination space, PHH is excited to be building a best in class Reverse Mortgage Servicing platform. This platform will service our own originated product and ultimately provide outstanding servicing to third-party clients. Over the coming months, we will be building out the Servicing platform and leveraging our existing infrastructure wherever possible. Come join our team and get in on the ground floor to be a part of this exciting opportunity. We are looking for motivated, talented individuals that thrive in a fast-paced environment that are eager to be part of this new team.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Foreclosure Reverse Servicing, the Foreclosure Specialist - Contested will be responsible for performing tasks associated with preparing for trial and mediation for serviced portfolios. This includes, but is not limited to, assembling trial packages of required loan documentations, communicate facts to attorney, and present the Company's facts in mediation or to the judge.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Assemble necessary loan documentation required for submission to trial.
- Communicate to the attorney facts regarding the loan from active status through default and foreclosure.
- Present facts to or act as mediator for mediation.
- Approve legal fees associated with trials or mediations.
- Maintain trial/mediation results.
- Assist with performing necessary Systems (Navigator & Loansphere) tasks associated with the foreclosure module.
- Team & Investor Reporting, assist with policies and procedures updates when necessary, including compliance with federal laws and regulations.
- Update Systems with notes to ensure status of foreclosure is clear and understandable.
- Review and approve Contested fee requests.
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- 2+ years of Foreclosure experience required
- Home Equity Conversion Loan (HECM) experience preferred
- Trial and mediation experience preferred
- Knowledge of legal documents is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to present information to supervisory
- Analyze and interpret legal documents, policies and procedures
- Experienced in MS Office
- Must be able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Build relationships with both internal and external clients/vendors
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.