This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pasay City, Philippines
Job ID: 1002707
The Technical Writer is responsible for documenting and maintaining high-quality procedures for our online user reference manual. The technical writer interacts with subject matter experts in all divisions of the organization to identify procedural inconsistencies and inefficiencies both intra- and interdepartmentally.
• Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language procedures intended for new hire audiences.
• Create desktop procedures consistent with and resulting from regulatory, compliance, and legal changes.
• Work with business unit contacts to ensure such updates made within compliant timeframes.
• Gather, assess and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices.
• Maintain open communication with departmental contacts to monitor the effectiveness of existing desktop procedure documentation and to ensure the Corporate Training Team is kept abreast of procedural changes.
• Develop and maintain procedures adhering to the internally developed process.
• Develop, update, and maintain the desktop procedures in an online environment.
• Provide Instructional Designers / Trainers updates to ensure instructional material is being developed from the most current desktop procedures.
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
• Master's in communication, college degree in journalism, English or communications, or equivalent related business experience required
• At least one year working experience in technical writing
• Proficient written and verbal skills using the English language
• Mortgage banking or financial services experience helpful
• Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail and the necessary sequence of the steps/procedures.
• Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and translate for users with non-technical backgrounds
• A comfort level working with changing technology and software
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite required, especially Word and Excel
• Technical/business writing and editing skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to handle strict deadlines and the pressures of working with others on complicated deliverables
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• May be expected to work flexible shifts and weekends to meet aggressive deadlines and coordinate with resources in other time zones
• Must be willing to travel nationally or internationally alone or with a group to meet off-site needs or attend training