This position offers an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in our Correspondent Lending business. We are hiring experienced Non-QM Underwriters to support the expansion of our rapidly growing non-delegated channel.
The Non-QM Mortgage Underwriter reviews, conditions and underwrites mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures and appropriate guidelines; examines all documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review and analyze the mortgage loan application to ensure eligibility, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines to minimize risk factors
- Responsible for making independent decisions regarding acceptance and risk of loans according to FNMA, FHLMC, PHH, and applicable Non-QM investor guidelines
- Approves loans, issues alternative options or adverse actions accordingly
- Adheres to all applicable internal PHH Mortgage policies and procedures.
- Meets determined service level time frame requirements set by management.
- Work with staff and management to find solutions on escalated loans
- Manage loans by using all functions of Encompass
- Effectively communicate underwriting decisions to Seller
- Maintain high level of customer service and communication both internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Minimum three years mortgage experience underwriting non-QM loans
- Working knowledge of FNMA and FHLMC and Non-QM guidelines
- Ability to review and calculate complex personal and or business financials
- Ability to underwrite Non-QM and Non-Agency products, including but not limited to bank statement income analysis, Asset Depletion, and DSCR
- Ability to review credit reports, preliminary title reports, judgements, bankruptcy documents, appraisals and any additional applicable credit documents
- Correspondent Lending experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Encompass
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions both internally and externally in a professional, articulate, and respectful manner.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Provides quality control responses timely
- Consistently meets or exceeds established minimum productivity and quality goal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Bilingual skills a plus
- FHA and VA a plus
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.