Reporting to the Team Lead of Tax Reverse Servicing, the Tax Specialist will be responsible for the timely tracking, researching, and paying taxes/HOA on Reverse Mortgage Loans while ensuring goals, service level agreements and quality metrics are achieved in compliance with client expectations and applicable internal and external controls and guidelines.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Research tax amounts and pay delinquent taxes.
- Review tax bill prior to payment ensuring SOX Control and Tax Department's Tax Disbursement Checklist is being followed.
- Set up/inactivate default timelines on Navigator, the company loan servicing database.
- Communicate with federal, state, local tax authorities and HOA entities to resolve issues.
- Monitor Tax Inquiries inbox ensuring incoming faxes & emails are handled timely.
- Update Navigator with notes; have required documents imaged.
- Respond in writing to customer correspondence/inquiries.
- Make and handle telephone calls to/from tax agencies, attorneys, vendors, etc.
- Request new/changes to vendor payees.
- Pay as directed by Property Tax Manager and or Tax Administration Supervior on tax sale redemptions in order to avoid potential loss of the property.
- Responsible to keep up with RESPA regulations/guidelines and applying it to daily work.
- Assist on special projects whenever needed.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Any other job responsibilities requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- 2+ years of mortgage experience, preferably in the Real Estate tax/HOA arena. Reverse Mortgage loan experience preferred
- Ability to read & understand loan documents.
- Bi-lingual a plus, ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to read & understand internal & external reports.
- Team Player - professional, respectful, flexible, reliable, patient. Position requires interaction with all interoffice personnel, managers and officers as well as the public and outside vendors.
- Effective customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle high volumes with accuracy
- Proficient with MS Outlook, MS Excel and MS Word. Well organized, effective time management, prioritize and allocate workload for optimum efficiency.
- Strong work and business ethics.
- Position will be remote but needs to reside within commutable distance to our Houston, TX office
Training / Licensing Requirements
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.