Reporting to the Team Lead of Non-Performing Claims, the Claims associate will be responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of pertinent invoices and legal documents to their accompanying expenses against HUD rules and guidance to open the appropriate timelines and determine whether we may seek reimbursement on the expenses.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Use SharePoint, Access, Adobe PDF and Excel with relative comfort
- Obtain and maintain in depth knowledge of HUD regulations and guidelines
- Communicate regularly with management on issues, constraints, and status of projects
- Reconcile corporate expenses to the loan transaction history.
- Assist management in root cause analysis as well as remediation
- Prorate taxes and hazard insurance; calculate and add interest where applicable.
- Prepare HUD 27011a Claim Form:
- Ensure all dates and amounts are correct and supported.
- Reconcile claim to ensure all claimable expenses are included.
- Ensure no non claimable expenses are included in the claim.
- Complete a checklist attesting to accuracy and correctness of the claim form.
- Responsible for meeting Claim Filing Deadline in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Research missing documents and notify management and the appropriate departments when the missing documents cannot be obtained.
- Work with other departments to correct support documentation and escalations when required.
- Assist with developing process enhancements, system of record enhancements and with testing and troubleshooting of processes
- Any other job responsibilities and/or projects requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of mortgage servicing claims preferred, 3+ years of mortgage loan servicing in default, foreclosure and/or bankruptcy coupled with regulatory requirements associated with mortgage loans or 4 years of other claim experience or accounts payable.
- Aptitude and desire to acquire new technology skills necessary
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, both technically and professionally
- Ability to work collaboratively with other groups including business analysts, associates, and processors.
- Ability to work independently to identify solutions and implement best practices
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Overtime is required
Training / Licensing Requirements:
Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.