Reporting to the Senior Manager of Learning and Development within Originations, this fully remote position is primarily responsible for translating complex technical processes into concise, easy-to-understand, plain language procedures intended for new hire and experience audiences. This position will also develop and maintain internal documentation including; user reference materials, desktop procedures, instructional materials.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Examples below:
- Write consistent, concise, easy-to-understand, plain language instructional and user reference material intended for new hire and experienced audiences
- Create instructional material consistent with and resulting from regulatory, compliance, and legal changes
- Gather, assess, and confirm interpretation of new and/or changing business practices
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create error free and consistent instructional and user reference materials for varied audiences
- Create micro-learning, instructor-led training, virtual learning, and other multi-media learning materials
- Strategically team up with subject matter experts and business unit leadership to design, develop, implement and evaluate performance solutions
- Develop and maintain the desktop procedures in an online environment
- Adapt and work with a variety individuals, situations, and teams remaining open to different and new ways of doing things
- Use sound judgement in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving day-to-day operational problems
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in ethics and integrity
- Research industry methodologies and best practices integrating those into professional practice
- Adapt and utilize Accelerated Learning methodologies in instructional materials
- Source, design and implement effective measurement of training objectives, including; course assessments, structured job shadowing checklists, user readiness testing, and certification processes
- Maintain open communication with departmental contacts to monitor the effectiveness of existing documentation and to ensure the learning and development team is kept abreast of changes
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure instructional and procedurual material updates are executed within compliant timeframes
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to meet strict deadlines and complicated deliverables
- Strong analytical skills with experience of process orientation
- Proficiency in working collaboratively with subject matters experts and all levels of management to ensure effective adoption of time-sensitive initiatives, identified deficiencies, and opportunities for improvement
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying close attention to detail, and the necessary sequencing of the steps/procedures
- Must be responsible, detail oriented, and maintain reliable follow through
- Exceptional communication, project management, and management capabilities
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects with complex inter-dependencies, focusing on both on long-term projects and short-term immediate tasks
Education and Experience :
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in technical writing, software documentation, and editing, required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University in Journalism, English or Communications, or equivalent related business experience, strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of authoring and content curation tools (Madcap® Flare, Articulate® 360, Snagit®, Camtasia®, Audacity®, etc.), strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of the principles and methodologies associated with instructional design and adult learning. (e.g., SAM, ADDIE, Kirkpatrick, Blooms Taxonomy, Gagne's Nine, Merrill's Principles, etc.), strongly preferred
- Mortgage lending or financial services experience, preferred
- Experience working with HTML, HTML5, and/or XML programing tools, preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, etc.)
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.