The Contract Management Coordinator / Lien Release Team member is responsible for overseeing the processing of all lien releases, reconveyances and discharges for all paid in full and liquidated loans, as necessary, to comply with state mandated timelines. Also responsible for requesting, tracking and delivery of collateral documents through contact with the Document Custodians. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the Ocwen's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates. The duties of this job require a high degree of detailed analysis and maintaining established standards of quality for documents with both financial and legal terminology used in legal proceedings. Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results are necessary skills for successful job performance.
- Responsible for preparing the lien release document for all paid in full loans in accordance with the county and state guidelines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ensure preparation, verification, execution and notarization of lien release documents are in compliance with Ocwen's policies and procedures, state and federal laws.
- Review collateral files for all applicable loan documents that are required to determine the current beneficiary vesting.
- Research and order recorded loan documents from the county to audit the current beneficiary vesting for accuracy.
- Research and resolve complex mortgage chain of title exceptions.
- Determine accurate signing authority in order to have the release document properly executed.
- Research County recording fees as needed.
- Mail the completed lien release to the county for recording.
- Track the lien release document to confirm that the county clerk has completed the recording of the document.
- Scan the recorded lien release into the company filing system.
- Document the system of record accurately.
- Review and execution of a variety of documents for court Quiet Title Action proceedings pertaining to servicing mortgage loans.
- Notarization of legal document while ensuring you meet all state notary guidelines.
- Communicate with investors; vendors, attorneys, other business units' teams, Ocwen's legal and senior leadership to manage cases toward resolution.
- Associates must be able to adhere to the training plan and certification processing order to become proficient in all and every document handled by the Contract Management Lien Release team.
- Navigate effectively through the system of record to ensure all information within all documents are verified in a timely manner.
- A team-player: Work with co-workers to assist in achieving department goals.
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain department quality standards
- Meet or exceed individual departmental standards
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2+ Years of Mortgage Servicing Experience required.
- Self-motivated with a good attitude and the ability to work independently when required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Technical and analytical skills required for making decisions and piecing together information.
- Ability to make decisions independently within set policies/procedures.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills and sound judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational abilities and time management skills.
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail.
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous mortgage lien release experience processing experience, preferred.
- Active Notary Public commission preferred (company will pay for license).
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.