The Power of Attorney (POA) Team Lead is responsible for leading a group of associates who manage the Power of Attorney inventory for both reverse and forward servicing. The team requests POA documents from investors when new loans are acquired or there are securitization verbiage changes, fulfills POA requests from various business units, logs recorded POA documents, and coordinates updates and maintains the corporate resolution and secretary certificate documents.
- Monitor team performance to ensure that on a timely basis POAs are requested from investors, quality checked, sent for recording, certified copies are ordered, and that internal requests for POAs are fulfilled
- Maintain close relationships with the internal business units who drive the work volume
- Maintain inventory levels to ensure documents are available as needed throughout the organization
- Coordinate updates to the Beneficiary Matrix and Corporate Resolutions for both reverse and forward servicing
- Respond to complex issues and engage senior leadership and legal as needed
- Work with leadership to hire and train new team members
- Drive initiatives to improve process efficiencies and reduce costs
- Maintain a high level of accountability for results and metrics
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Cross-train to assist with additional job functions within the division during periods of peak volumes or deadlines
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience required
- Ability to understand and interpret legal contractual language dealing with Investor, Trust, PSA, Transfer Instructions or Deal documents, etc.
- Mortgage industry experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills to engage with all personnel levels and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good decision-making skills and ability to research & show initiative in solving problems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple & changing priorities
- Demonstrate exemplary collaboration and interpersonal skill
- PC Experience - Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required
Conditions of Work:
- Long periods sitting in front of computer screen
- Lifting banker's boxes with an average weight of 35 pounds
- Position is 100% onsite
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.