The Assignment Specialist is responsible for processing assignments of mortgage, reviewing chain of title and custody, reviewing and determining signing authority based on internal matrixes, execution and notarization of assignments, responding to assignment inquires in a timely and courteous manner. Also, provides a superior level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Review, print, and execute assignments of mortgages to perfect chain of title; including follow-up for recorded documents.
- Notarize documents executed in your presence.
- Addressing email inquiries related to statuses for documents being processed or related to completed chain of title.
- Cross-train to assist with other job functions within the division during periods of peak volumes or deadlines.
- One-year mortgage servicing or related experience
- Working knowledge of Mortgage Documents
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have good decision-making skills and ability to research & show initiative in solving problems
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple & changing priorities
- Must have ability to work in and promote a team environment
- PC Experience - Microsoft Word & Excel required
- Prior knowledge of residential mortgage servicing, related loan documents, and Agency guidelines.
Conditions of Work:
- Long periods sitting in front of computer screen.
- Lifting banker's boxes with an average weight of 35 pounds.
- Overtime as needed.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.