The Commercial Portfolio Manager will provide oversight for the performance of assigned portfolio and quality collection and property surveillance activities for commercial real estate loans. This role will work hand-in-hand with a team of Portfolio Analysts and various internal business units and will serve as the point of contact for assigned investor(s), provide oversight an assigned portfolio and facilitate borrower requests and delinquency resolution. This position requires the ability to perform customer relationship functions, respond to investor requests, review loan documents, compliance, quality control and resolve a wide spectrum of borrower related inquiries related to commercial loan servicing.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain frequent contact with borrowers and/or third-party representatives as the single point of contact regarding the status of the account
- Respond to assigned investor requests
- Obtain payment arrangements, as needed
- Determine best asset performance strategy (upon default or eminent default) by acquiring/analyzing financial information, examining loan documents and understanding market conditions. Escalate or refer to Special Servicing, as needed
- Support Portfolio Analyst to monitor all delinquent commercial loans and pursue a course of action to resolve and decrease delinquencies and maintain current roll-rates
- Perform document research to determine guidelines and requirements related to borrower requests and/or loan issues and bring to swift resolution
- Assemble the required documentation to prepare a thorough analysis and management resolution write-up to support a recommendation of borrower special requests including assumptions, easements, partial releases, etc.
- Support Portfolio Analyst in clearance of surveillance related activities to include: Tax, Insurance, Escrow Analysis, Suspense and Task management
- Assist to analyze property operating statement and rent rolls as part of Watchlist monitoring and collateral review
- Assist to resolve significant property issues and seek borrower rectification of the same
- Administer individual portfolio Watchlist reporting to proactively identify property and borrower's issues
- Manage assets to ensure receipt of updates for tax, insurance, escrow accounts; address any escalated issues that arise
- Prepare monthly reports to monitor the performance of the commercial portfolio for self, management and possibly investors
- Obtain working knowledge of the servicing agreements directing investor requirements through loss mitigation strategies
- Coordinate with internal departments for management of assets
- Perform customer service activities related to inbound calls
- Perform outbound calls to assess borrower's impact of Federal Disasters
- Maintaining service levels and call center performance metrics - Schedule Adherence and Attendance / Availability
- Stable Internet connection - Hybrid work from home model. May be required to work in the office eventually
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrates positive attitude, adds to a positive team morale and is eager to take on and learn new things
- BS/BA Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of mortgage banking experience required
- High attention to detail
- Strong Oral/Written communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, and other information processing programs
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is considered a plus
- Self-motivated and works independently
- Customer service oriented
- Team player
- Ability to perform complex calculations using calculators and systems is required
- Ability to reason and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Problems can be somewhat complex and require a systematic, organized approach to resolve
Shifts and Schedules: Call center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 7:00pm local time, Shifts will fall into those timeframes
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients - representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions - to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining "customers for life." We strive to be a natural extension of each client's team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today's regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.